- Children may be dropped off starting at 7:30 am and proceed to the computer lab. The first bell rings at 7:45 am, at which time students may proceed to their classroom.
- Children should be in their classroom before the 8:00 am tardy bell. Students arriving after 8:00am must be signed in by their parent in the office and receive a tardy slip.
- Bus riders, walkers, bikers, and after care students are dismissed at 2:20pm.
- Car riders are dismissed at 2:25pm. Teachers will lead their car riding students to the front of the school.
- Parents, if you choose to park and meet your child at dismissal, please meet them at their classroom door at 2:20pm.
Absences and Tardies
Excused absences are for illness or emergencies. Out-of-town trips are considered Unexcused Absences. A child may make up work for the first five unexcused absences, but after that they will receive zeroes for all missed work. In other words, please don’t plan vacations on school days. Please remember that when your child has been sick and returns to school you need to send the teacher a written note, dated and signed, that indicates your child was absent due to sickness. The same will apply if the student is absent due to serious illness or death in the family. We do appreciate phone calls that let us know why a child is absent, and we encourage you to continue to do this, but it is still required that the written note be sent upon return to school. The absence will then be changed from unexcused to an excused absence. Students are marked tardy if they are not in the classroom when the bell rings at 8:00. If a student is late due to a medical appointment, a parent must come to the office with them when they check in and relay this information to the office staff. The tardy will then be excused.